Over the past decade or so, faux finish has made a serious comeback in interior home painting. When done carefully, faux finishes can create the amazing effect of much more expensive materials. Here are some of the most common forms of this type of interior painting:
- Marbleizing – to give the effect of real marble
- Strié – (French for “stripe”) using glaze to give the effect of thin stripes
- Color Wash – free -form painting that blends differing hues of the same color
- Graining – to give the effect of wood textures
- Venetian Plaster – traditional form that gives a textured look to a surface that is actually smooth to the touch
Need help deciding which faux finish style best suits a particular room? Just give us a call!